Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award




Thank you, Shawnda, at Asperger's Syndrome Awareness for sending me my first blogging award. I'm so excited!!!

For those of you who don’t know how these shameless bits of linky love work, here are the rules:

• You must thank the person who has given you the award.

• Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

• Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.

• Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.

• Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.

• Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

• Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.

Seven things about me:
1) I was born in Alaska.
2) I lived in Hawaii.
3) I've been to been in every corner of the United States except Maine.
4) I've been writing in one form or another since I was in sixth grade.
5) My college degree was Broadcast Journalism
6) My first job out of college was at a small daily newspaper in an even smaller town in Virginia.
7) By the time I entered ninth grade, I'd been in nine different schools. I missed the years grammar was taught in each of the previous schools. My first and only 'D' was in ninth grade grammar. I still don't know my grammar very well. That's why there are editors and proof-readers (a.k.a. my husband and best friends).

I nominate the following wonderfully creative blogs (not in any particular order of preference):

1) Nancy at Away We Go. She is a former middle school English teacher, who is raising two little boys. She's very funny.

2)Jeneil at Autism In A Word. She is raising a daughter with autism. Jeneil's thoughtful entries will make you laugh and make you cry.

3)Andrea at Autism Unplugged. She has guest bloggers and wonderful artwork on her sight.

4) Casdok at Faces of Autism and Mother of Shrek. I love that she's dedicated an entire blog to faces of children with autism. It makes autism so much more personal.

5) Jon at Same Child, Different Day. He as some wonder insight for parents just hearing the diagnosis of autism for the first time. I wish I had his booklet six years ago.

6) Mama on the Edge. I wish I had her creativity!

7) Tanya at Teen Autism . She's a mom raising a teenage boy with autism. She's an inspiration to me and I think many other moms as well.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for thinking of me.
    You have picked some wonderful blogs there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Corrie, both for the recognition and your kind words. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's taken me a while, but thanks so much for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete